Back at the Weekly Workdesk Wander, courtesy of our most excellent hostess, Julia Dunnit at The Stamping Ground. These were the Tim Dies I bought recently, having admired what people were doing with them. So I’ve spent a few days cutting out loads of flowers in different papers.
I’ve have been putting some together for a couple of Wedding cards in Black and White that I have to make.I used black and white pearlescent paper, along with some glittered vellum for a bit of sparkle.
Here I’ve layered them all up, and also added some seed beads in Black or White to the centres. So that’s my desk this week.
Roof Update: We now have a roof over our bedroom, lol, just in time for the glorious (!) Bank Holiday weather we had,and we have someone coming into plaster the room next weekend. The kitchen roof is coming off now, as well as taking down the chimney stack at the end of the kitchen. We have an old Victorian house with the galley- style kitchen:
According to the guy you can see taking it down, the only thing keeping it there was gravity!!! Hope you all had a lovely Easter, and have a great Wednesday.
Had some some fun playing with new dies I bought this week: the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals,Movers & Shapers Tattered Florals,Elegant Flourish, and Memory Box La Rue Heart. I had seen so many good things done with the Tim Holtz dies, and they are so much fun to work with. The Lattice 40 was a design I found on UKScrappers, for the Silhouette, posted by a lady called Neries, and her name links to the page it is posted on. I cut it from dark red paper, than layered it onto a pale gold paper. The Gold Anniversary backing paper, and the White Congratulations paper are both by Craft Creations, and come in a range of colours with gold or silver foiled print. The La Rue heart was cut from the same pale gold paper, and matted onto a heart cut from the dark red paper. I loved the elegant filigree design of the heart, and there is also a heart die that cuts out the block shape. I didn’t get that one, I just cut around the outside of the filigree design when it was stuck down, but the die would be useful, I think. I mounted the heart with sticky tabs, using one layer at the front and two layers at the back to give it a little dimension.
I cut out a selection of flowers and flourishes in various card and paper , and curled the petals with the handle of a small paintbrush, then used an embossing stylus in the centres to give them all some shape.
The layers of petals were stacked up using silicone glue. The addition of same small seed beads to the centres, with Glossy Accents, finished them off nicely. The 40 was added with sticky pads, and then some Burgundy acrylic hearts on to this with a tiny spot of silicone glue. I used silicone glue again to mount the flowers, along with some short pieces of gold & burgundy ribbon. I tucked the two Elegant Flourishes in behind the flowers.