Good Morning WOYWW’ers, and I am posting early this week. My work hours have been changed slightly, I don’t start till 7.00am, so I have time to post this before I go. It means I don’t finish till 4.30pm, which I don’t like, but then again, I REALLY don’t do early mornings either! No pleasing some people is there?To anyone who doesn’t know what this is all about, pop over to the Awesome Julia Dunnits at The Stamping Ground,
and come join the fun.
You will probably remember seeing this card before, but in blue. I was asked to make another, for a girl, so I had to go pink. Really NOT my favourite colour, I think I have told you that before too- I am getting very repetitive, aren’t I?
I made it the same way, using Stix-2 double sided adhesive film on acetate, much quicker for glitter than waiting for glue to dry.
The stamps are by Elusive Images( now Chocolate Baroque) but I think it may be retired.
The punched border of mulberry paper was done by attaching the mulberry paper to some cheap printer paper with a couple of bits of tape, then punching it, with the copy paper on top. You can get a nice relatively clean cut this way.
The vellum was stuck down with a glue tape roller, which doesn’t show on pale colours. The only problem can be getting ‘sticky edges’- where some of the tape goes over the edges.
However, I have the perfect thing for this: an adhesive eraser.
This is a spare, the package says it removes all Xyron adhesives, but I have not yet found a glue it does not remove, even liquid glues once they have dried, of course. Its a really useful bit of kit, and I am probably going to show my age here, but do any of you remember the sandals we used to wear in the summer,when we were kids, usually Burgundy or Dark blue? Do you remember the soles of them? Well this adhesive eraser is just like the stuff that the soles were made from.
You can trim it down once it starts to get mucky, you can see I have cut the corners off this one.
This is the ‘before’ pic, and if you click it to enlarge, you will see little patches of adhesive down the edge of the vellum.
This is after its been cleaned up with the eraser.
Cool, huh? This is the front view, but it was actually the back where the vellum was folded over the spine that I wanted to clean up, as that would be on show- this front bit will be covered.I just photographed the wrong side, I admit it.
I added some sticky backed ribbon over the seam between the vellum& the mulberry paper.Then mounted the glittered squares with silicone glue.
Then the letters were added, also with silicone glue.
And here’s how I make the folded bow.
First wrap a length of ribbon around the card, and secure with glue dots. Now cut another length to make the first folded bow. Add a couple of glue dots to the centre, and fold each end to the middle & press onto the glue dots.
Cut a slightly shorter piece and repeat the process.
Now add a couple of glue dots to the front centre of the larger bow, and press the smaller one on top.
Now stick a glue dot onto the back of the larger bow, then take the rest of the ribbon and stick one end to the glue dot and wind it a couple of times around the centre of the two bows.Trim off the ribbon, and secure with a couple of glue dots on the back.
Now I just stick it over the join in the ribbon on the card, and I usually use silicone glue for this bit.
I shall be back to visit everyone tonight, meanwhile have a fab WOYWW!