This is my desk this week,starting with the completed card I was working on.I’m back with my favourite colour theme- Black, lol.
The base card is white pearl cut to 15cm square, scored & folded then sprayed with black webbing.I wanted to do a monochrome piece, and went for the trickier option of white stamping on black!
I tried a few images using different inks & embossing powders, and these are the results.
The greyish looking face section in the top left is White Staz-on & White pearl embossing powder. The music score, script and the tickets are all White Staz-on, no embossing, apart from the bottom left one which has a little embossing powder on it. The other three face sections are Moonlight White Brilliance ink, and White Detail embossing powder, which was much more successful.
However, the combo I finally went with was good old
Versamark and White Detail powder.
I got a much more solid white print with this. These are leftover pieces from the various images I stamped, and as you can see from these and the card, I cut them a bit randomly to give some movement to the compilation.
These are some of the stamps I used for
the images.I can see some Paper Artsy,
and some from Stamp Francisco.
I punched out some images,and cut out others to the width of one of my Clear rulers (which happens to be 3 1/2 cm, or 1 3/8in. ),which is the same as one of my Woodware punches, so it was easier to vary the orientation.You can see the punch in the bottom left of this picture.
I chose 9 of the images which seemed to work well together, and matted them onto white card with a gap between them then matted this onto black card, both trimmed to leave the same border. I gave the base a couple of blasts with black webbing, then tied back and white organza ribbon in a knot around the left side when it was dry.
The rest of my desk looks like this:
There are some black on white images cut to the same size, so I can do an opposite version, and the flower panel is a stamp called Mixed 3 Square, F1276, from Impression Obsession.
I came across these while looking for stamped images I could cut down. I stamped them ages ago, and never got round to using them.
So out came the Promarkers, and this is the result for one square. I have separated them into individual tiles and also covered them with Anitas 3D Clear Gloss Finish, which is the same as Glossy Accents, as when I had finished the colouring, I was reminded of Victorian tiles. Thats my desk for this week, so off to the Lady Julias domain to view this weeks offerings, and a Happy WOYWW to everyone.