This card is for a work colleague who is leaving soon to have her first baby.
First I stamped the Baby Blocks & letters from Elusive Images in Staz-on Teal onto Acetate. I think this set is now discontinued, unfortunately. After the ink was dry, I stuck the acetate onto double sided film. Word of advice here, double check the orientation of the letter ‘B’ before you stick them down-you want them to read the correct way, after you add glitter to the back of the letter. And yes, I found that out the hard way. Oh well.
Then I cut out the squares, and the letters, remembering to cut out the centres of the A & B’s.
I chose a selection of blue glitters. These were bought loose at either the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC, or via E-bay. I also bought the empty bottles in the same places. Much cheaper way to get a selection of colours. I found it annoying having to keep getting the jars out of the box to find the right colour-as you can see, my solution was a squiggle of pva on the lid, then sprinkled it with glitter from the jar.
In the end, I used the pale blue for the squares and the darkest one for the letters.
I covered half of a linen card base with pale blue gingham vellum, (PDA card & paper), and added a border of punched pale blue mulberry paper. The join was covered with sticky backed ‘It’s a boy’ ribbon.
The four squares were then mounted onto the front of the card with silicone glue.I added the letters to the squares, also with silicone glue.
The finishing touches were a folded bow from blue ribbon, a stork embellishment, and a peeloff greeting, coloured with a blue peeloff pen.